Repeated listen playlist
This is my regular re-listen playlist of Orthodox Christian lectures and podcasts.
- "Eastern Orthodoxy and Mysticism: The Transformation of the Senses" by Archimandrite Irenei (now Bishop).
3 talks with a q&a after each. This is an oldy-but-goody. Fr. Irenei picks apart modern definition of mysticism, then discusses how to truly live the mystical life. Be sure to listen to the Q&As. They are as good as the main content.
- "Living in Christ" by Dr. Philip Mamalakis.
3 main talks, plus a short intro and a wrap-up. Very good talks on family life as the fertile ground of salvation.
- "Becoming Human" by Fr. John Behr.
4 talks. Properly turning things upside down.
- "Orthodox Anthropology" by Fr. John Bethancourt.
3 main talks and a men's breakfast talk (in 2 parts). Lots of great stuff in these including a discussion of the three faculties of the soul (Nous, Appetitive, Insensive).
- "Holy Virgin Cathedral Eighth Annual Pan-Orthodox Lenten Retreat"
by Fr. Stephen Freeman.
- "Fears in the Modern World" and by Archimandrite Irenei. 2014
St. Herman's West Youth Conference.
- "Prayer in Daily Life" by Archimandrite Irenei.
2013 Annual St. Herman's West Youth Conference.
- "Hell Overcome by Beauty: The Implications of the Primacy of Divine Beauty over Violence" Fr Jonathan Tobias. Dense, but amazing. From the Climacus Conference on Beauty.
- "Theosis as Beautification: The Profound Human Response to the Memory and Destiny of Divine Beauty" Fr Jonathan Tobias. Dense, but amazing, part 2. From the Climacus Conference on Beauty.
- "An Icon of the Kingdom of God, Part One: The Proper Characteristics of Sacred Architecture" Andrew Gould. Excellent. Also from the Climacus Conference on Beauty.
- "An Icon of the Kingdom of God, Part Two: Liturgical Art" Andrew Gould. Excellent. Also from the Climacus Conference on Beauty.
- "Fr Seraphim Aldea on Elder Sophrony" by Fr Seraphim. This is part 2. Part 1 is good, but part 2 is great.